Saturday, September 21, 2013

How Can You Resist This Hair?



       Well to be honest I couldn't, but I could do without the cradle cap that my little man occasionally gets.  Thankfully, there is an easy herbal fix for this problem!  In just a few steps his head is free of all those yucky flakes.  I use three ingredients that are all antifungal and antibacterial.  They also are moisturizing. 
This will make several treatments, but you can use it on other areas that you would use a fungal cream.  Also, other members of the family may also benefit from a deep scalp treatment if they have dandruff. 



 



  Ingredients:
  1/4 cup Virgin Coconut Oil
  2-4 drops Tea Tree essential oil (Melaleuca for my Doterra friends)
  2-4 drops Rosemary essential oil

Mix all of the ingredients together and rub it on the problem area of the scalp.  I mean saturate the area!  Let the oil soak for awhile, and then with a stiff bristle brush, a comb, or I prefer my finger nails you begin to scrub.  The flakes will peel off and they can be combed away.  Once the area is free of the flakes, you can give the child a bath, which includes many hair washings.  I usually have to give an additional bath just to get the remaining oil out, but it is worth it.  Now his head is flake free and he is still irresistible.


Jill, The Herbal Hutch

No comments: